14 events spanning food, wine and music to discover Monferrato
From Saturday 3 June until 8 September, the 8th edition of MONFERRATO ON STAGE will be held, the travelling event that combines wine, food, and music to further promote and introduce people to the Monferrato area, located between the provinces of Turin, Asti, and Alessandria. There are 14 events scheduled that combine the food and wine delicacies that distinguish the area with music.
The 2023 edition of Monferrato On Stage boasts a collaboration with the projects: SNODI. Colline Co-Creative di Langhe, Monferrato e Roero” (“JOINTS. Co-Creative Hills of Langhe, Monferrato, and Roero”) and “Oro Monferrato” (“Monferrato Gold”).
- Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 June in Portacomaro (AT) two evenings as part of the “Trombone Festival - Lepape is back!”, the festival devised by Vincent Lepape, first trombone of the Teatro Regio di Torino. Lepape will be joined on stage by Zoltan Kiss and a group of other foreign trombone players. The audience will also be able to taste Cocchi Vermouth cocktails and try the dishes prepared for the occasion by local restaurants.
- on 17 June in Piazza Statuto in Casalborgone (TO), the singer-songwriter, designer, and painter Amalia Grè will get on stage. She will perform some songs from her repertoire and covers of songs that composed her artistic journey. A dinner organised by the chef Federico Francesco Ferrero, in collaboration with Ecomuseo BMA and produced together with the Casalborgone grass-roots promotional organisation, will make the event even more special.
- on 2 July in Ferrere (AT), the first event of “House Night” will be held, an evening dedicated to electronic music. Andrea Calandra will open the evening that will see a younger audience dance to the DJ Cream set. For this evening, which is also part of the project Snodi schedule, the Ferrere grass-roots promotional organisation will prepare a menu linked to the journey devised by the chef Ferrero in collaboration with Ecomuseo BMA.
- on 8 July, it will be the turn of Irene Grandi: the Florentine singer-songwriter will perform in Piazza Giuseppe Romita in Baldichieri (AT) for one date of her “Io in blues” (“Me in blues”) tour. It will be a moving, engaging concert comprising international and Italian songs that range from the 1960s to the 1990s, inspired by the blues, as well as Irene’s big successes, reenvisaged for the occasion with a rock-blues arrangement.
- on 14 July, the saxophonist Stefano Di Battista and the easy listening singer Nicky Nicolai will be the stars of the evening in the sophisticated and elegant setting of the Cortile del Collegio in Cocconato (AT). Produced in collaboration with Oro Monferrato, it will be an engaging show in which the big Italian and international successes of the 1960s and 1970s are reinterpreted in a new musical guise that combines swing and jazz.
- on 22 July in Piazza Vittorio Veneto in Cavagnolo (TO), Morgan will perform in “Morgan piano recital”, a special piano and voice live performance. During the show, the artist will make a digression on Italian and international singer-songwriting, recounting and explaining how songs are created and composed, in a genuine, highly cultural lesson. During the evening, the Monferrato On Stage audience will be able to try the menu organised by the Associazione Commercianti di Cavagnolo, devised in line with the project of the chef Ferrero in collaboration with Ecomuseo BMA, and taste the wines of the Consorzio Barbera d’Asti e Vini del Monferrato.
- on 29 and 30 July in Piea (AT), two special events held in collaboration with the Snodi project as part of the 1st edition of the Kaptura festival - The woodland experience. On 29 July, the commercial sports facility of Piea will host the live performances of some local rock bands and the concert of Hillside Power Trio. The latter band, led by guitarist Giuseppe Scarpato, boasts collaborations with various artists, including Edoardo Bennato. The following day, on 30 July in the same location, various local singer-songwriter bands will perform and, after the dinner prepared by the Piea grass-roots promotional organisation with typical products of the area, the Asti rock band Enarmonia will get on stage.
- on 6 August, in Piazza Piemonte in Roatto (AT), 40 Fingers will get on stage, an acoustic guitar quartet composed of Matteo Brenci, Emanuele Grafitti, Andrea Vittori, and Marco Steffè. For this event, held in collaboration with the Snodi project, the Roatto grass-roots promotional organisation will prepare some typical Monferrato dishes reimagined in a new version devised together with the chef Federico Francesco Ferrero and in collaboration with Ecomuseo BMA.
- on 19 August in Aramengo (AT), it will be the turn of singer-songwriter Francesco Baccini who will offer a special piano and voice concert, in the space next to the Romanesque church, in which he will retrace songs of his thirty-year career and those of singer-songwriters with whom he has collaborated (such as Fabrizio de André) and who have inspired him (including Luigi Tenco).
- On 2 September, instead, in the space in front of the Chiesa di Mongiglietto in Cortazzone (AT), the Monferrato On Stage audience will be able to attend the “Piano Solo Recital” of Dolcenera. The artist won’t just be performing her perennial favourites, but also some covers of international artists who have changed the history of music, like Nina Simone, and Italian artists like Vasco Rossi and Fabrizio De André, whose profound writing has supported her in the world of music.
- on 19 August and 2 September, two events will be held that will see Monferrato Rural Food involved, the independent team of the Fondazione MOS kitchen directed by the chef Federico Francesco Ferrero and by the Food-maker Anna Blasco.
- on 10 September in Moncalvo (AT), the special and innovative facility of Orsolina 28 will provide its spectacular open-air stage to host a big concert promoted by the Piedmont Region. With more than 40 musicians on the stage, the Orchestra Sinfonica di Asti, directed by Maestro Silvano Pasini, and the guitarist Andrea Braido will put on “Symphony of Rock”. This innovative and engaging show merges symphony music with rock: Pink Floyd, Queen, Deep Purple, Van Halen, and Santana are just some of the great artists that will be interpreted in a special symphonic key. The event is free with mandatory booking at the following link: https://www.eventbrite.it/e/biglietti-symphony-of-rock-645327531017
The 8th edition of Monferrato On Stage will conclude on 8 September in Moncalvo (AT) with the second event dedicated to electronic music. Gianmaria Coccoluto, aka G.N.M.R., is the star of the evening, whose DJ set will be introduced by the DJ Andrea Calandra. The “House Night” programme will also comprise a third event in Cantarana (AT), whose details will be published shortly.
All the events are free entry.